Get Easy Access To Privacy Settings With Privacy Manager For Google Chrome
Many Internet users are becoming increasingly aware of how their personal data is being recorded, tracked, and utilized by third parties. While the nefarious light these behaviors are often cast in may be slightly hyperbolic, a wise user would be sensitive to the ways they can control their web browsing experience.
While the safest way to surf would be to use something like this, every popular, modern web browser has privacy settings that can be adjusted to align with your needs. Yet, these settings are usually hidden several layers down in the menu structure, and can be difficult to locate and adjust.
If you are a Chrome user, this extension will be a boon.
While it doesn’t present you with any additional options beyond what Chrome has to offer, Privacy Manager is an excellent extension that consolidates the browser’s privacy settings into a convenient drop-down menu, with on/off toggle switches for each entry.
After installation, you’ll be able to easily tweak settings such as:
- Block Third Party Cookies
- Automatic Form Fill
- Instant Search Mode
- Search Suggestions
- Safe Browsing
- Cleared Items At Startup
….and much more.
- A Search Engine For The New World: Meet DuckDuckGo
- Explore Sites’ Cookies Without Ever Browsing Them With Cookie-Checker
- Easily Group And Manage Chrome Apps And Extensions With SimpleExtManager
- Back To Basics: Web Browser Settings
- Quickly Flip Chrome Tabs Into And Out Of Incognito Mode
- Enhance Chrome’s New Tab Page With OneFeed